Re: QUestion about memory footprint of GTK.

David Moffatt wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I am a newbie working on reducing the memory footprint of GTK
> applications for use on a cell phone.  Does anyone know what some of
> this is?  Here is a pmap

Hmmmm, what exactly are you asking here... what libraries they are ?

> Of a trivial gtk app (think hello world with buttons).
>

> These appear to be memory segments with no permissions.  They are too
> big to be guard pages.

Interesting, when I run pmap on my system on a gtk+ app (I ran devhelp and
gtk-demo) I dont get any permissionless segments...

Note also that the addresses reported by pmap appear to be virtual memory
(memory adress aliases used by the process), I dont see how a 32K segment
of permissionless memory is ever going to get "page faulted" into physical
memory.

Cheers,
                      -Tristan