Re: Compiles OK but get "0xC0000005: Access violation" when run

0x0000005 is a generic error which it is difficult to know why it is
happening. Here are some suggestions for you to try:

* Make sure that the program compiles and runs under Linux.
* Use Dependancy Walker to investigate what dll's the program links
to. (Corresponds roughly to ldd on Linux).
* Copy your executable to the gtk binary directory and see if it works there.
* One of the collisions that happens all the time on windows is
intl.dll that is part of activestate Tcl but is not compatible with
gtk/glib. For my installations I ended up always copying this to the
applications installation directory.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dov