Re: Scrolling performance

Hello Nick,

> I don't know if this has any relevance now, but I experienced similar poor
> performance a while ago with a machine who's configuration was very
> similar to yours (Athlon 1000, Nvidia FX5200) and it seemed related to the
> Nvidia binary driver current at the time (a couple of years ago).
Definitivly could be ... all my systems are equiped with NVidia cards
(GF488Go, FX5200, GF6600) and I am using the nvidia binary driver on
all of my systems.

However throwing their closed-source beast away is not an option for
me, from time to time I play 3d games or enjoy opengl/shader
development for fun.
Many others also use the nvidia driver, maybe theres a way it could be solved?

It really could be this combination, maybe it could be worked arround
(if easy) or someone could file a bugreport at nvidia, however I guess
they would like to see specific claims. Does anybody know a better way
for profiling X/X requests than oprofile?

Thanks a lot for reading, lg Clemens