redirecting stdout to gtk_text widget

hi,
I need help on how to redirect stdout to a text widget.  I am writing a gui using GTK libraries.I need to be able to redirect text that is going to stdout through the printf's to my text widget.
My application is in C and i am developing in Windows
I could direct it all to a file, and then read the file,
 but it seams there would be a better way.
thanks for ur help in advance