Re: Configuring Pango

Hi Ljubica,

as said before for Taylor in him previous post, probably you have
multiple of GLib on your system, in different paths, or you didn't
force you glib to install it into a "/bin" directory ... Try uninstall
your glib (with make clean and make distclean), and then build it
setting up the prefix option of the configure script ... ./configure
--prefix=/usr/

after that, try to build pango and the other gtk dependences with the
the same option (prefix) !!

maybe you are try to use an older system one in /usr and a new one
somewhere else, maybe /usr/local/ ... so you could see in your $PATH
env variable each of one come first. For example

>> echo $PATH
/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin/sbin ....

In this case, you can build both glib and pango using the
--prefix=/usr (bin is implied)

if /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin ....

you should try with --prefix=/usr/local

Best Regards ...

(Pango-1.7.0? Why that??? Stable is 1.8.1 at this point. 1.7.0
is an old devel snapshot)

On Apr 11, 2005 12:53 PM, Ljubica Lazarevic <ljuba.lazarevic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am very new to Linux, so please excuse my ignorance.
>
> I am trying to install the gtk toolkit, however I am having problems.
>
> I have downloaded the latest Glib libraries, and have successfully
> configured and built them. I then tried to run ./configure in the
> pango directory. However, I keep getting the following:
> configure: error:
> *** Glib 2.5.7 or better is required. The latest version of
> *** Glib is always available from ftp://.gtk.org/.
>
> I am using Glib 2.6.4, and do not understand this error message. What
> can I do to correct it?
>
> You help is gratefully received.
>
> Regards,
>
> Lju

Antonio Gomes
E-mail: antonio.gomes@xxxxxxxxxxx
Embedded Linux Lab - 10LE
INdT - Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia (Manaus/Br)
NOKIA's Technology Institute