Error intalling gtk+2.6.0

Hi All,

I am facing an error while trying to configure (when I run
./configure) for the gtk+2.6.0.

"configure: error: Xft Pango backend is required for x11 target"

What should I do to remove this?

I have installed pango 1.7.0 on my system and it did not crib about
not being able to find Xlib, so it means that everything installed
properly.

Am I missing something here? Please let me know. Any kind of help
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mohit