Re: gtk font problem?

I think I need to ask my question differently to get some response.

How can I remove the gtk installations (plus dependencies) and start
again?

I've reinstalled, but I'm still getting problems. My system is
crippled and It's my fault. Any assistance would be greatly
appreciated. I'm not interested in rebuilding my box, though that
isn't out of the question.

Thanks

P.S. did I mention I'm a dork?