Unable to find GTK Libraries

Hi,

I'm trying to install gscanbus to test if my IEEE1394 camera has been
setup properly in my Red Hat 8.0 box. Unfortunately, I'm getting the
following error during the ./configure step. However, when I installed
"coriander" which is another ieee1394 application, it passes this step
successfully (as shown below)

I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks.

ERROR FROM GSCANBUS:
checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.0... no
*** Could not run GTK test program, checking why...
*** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means
*** that the run-time linker is not finding GTK or finding the wrong
*** version of GTK. If it is not finding GTK, you'll need to set your
*** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to point
*** to the installed location  Also, make sure you have run ldconfig if that
*** is required on your system
***
*** If you have an old version installed, it is best to remove it, although
*** you may also be able to get things to work by modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH
***
*** If you have a RedHat 5.0 system, you should remove the GTK package that
*** came with the system with the command
***
***    rpm --erase --nodeps gtk gtk-devel
configure: error: gscanbus needs GTK

CORIANDER INSTALLATION
checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.0... yes

Dilip Sundarraj
Graduate Student
Power Aware Computing and Communications Lab
Department of Computer Science
Portland State University
http://www.cs.pdx.edu/~dilip