Re: How to paste path in new file selection dialog?

Paul C. Bryan wrote:
With the upgrade to GNOME 2.6 came the upgrade to GTK+ 2.4 which includes the new file selection dialog. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a way to paste a path into the new file selection dialog like I used to be able to do with the previous version of GTK+.

Is there a way?

If you press CTRL-L you get a box you can type (or paste) a filename into, including completion.

Also, right mouse button on the file list gives you a handy "display hidden files" option.

John