Images from RAM?

Hi,

I'd like to display Images (JPG) which are downloaded from
network or from a SQL database.

gtk_image_new_from_file ()  would probably do the job,
except for the fact that it requires a file in the file system.
Writing out the downloaded file just for reading it in again is
certainly not a good idea.

Is there a way to display a JPEG/PNG/TIFF file that is already in
RAM?

regards
Hadmut

(I'm not subscribed to that mailing list, please respond directly)