Re: why is gtk install so difficult?

I guess the tradition that Kameron referred to lives on...

Why does this remind me of that "your company's computer guy" sketch from SNL?

On Oct 14, 2003, at 11:02 PM, David Lloyd wrote:

Tara,

If I may add, it's also difficult to install GTK (not just a
new one). I think the developers are doing a great job, and
there is room for improvement.

apt-get install libgtk2

rpm -ivh libgtk*
 (or whatever Redhat/Mandrake call them)

emerge blah blah

cd /usr/ports/[whereever] && make install

..don't sound too difficult to me.

DSL

Kameron Cole wrote:

the answer from most linux developers would be, "it WASN'T difficult for
me."

which follows a long-standing linux tradition of insulting someone for
asking a question, instead of answering the question.