Mouse throw and click to close window

When I have a window maximized and want to close the window, I would like to do so by simply throwing the cursor to the top right-hand corner of the screen and clicking. As it is, I have to aim for the "X" to close the window. Throwing my mouse to the top right-hand corner only allows me to roll-up the window (and only if I double-click), as is the case if I double-click anywhere on the title bar.

Can anyone explain the rationale, if any, behind the inability to close a window in this fashion? I realize this is a small thing, but as Nat Friedman says, "Small things matter."