RE: Yocto GStreamer 1.16.3 Issue

python3-pkg-resources and python3-pkg-resources-native are provided by the python3-setuptools recipe in Dunfell (which is the version I assume you are copying from). However, given the huge number of changes that has happened in OE Core since Rocko was end-of-life five years ago, I believe you will have a hard time getting  it all to work by just trying to backport a few recipes.

//Peter

From: gstreamer-embedded <gstreamer-embedded-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Blake Bailey
Sent: den 15 februari 2023 18:33
To: gstreamer-embedded@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Yocto GStreamer 1.16.3 Issue

Hi,

I am attempting to add a newer version of GStreamer (1.16.3) to our Yocto layer to match the version we’re using to develop an application, but am having some issues. Most of the other layers are using “rocko” and the version of GStreamer I’ve gotten to work so far is 1.14.2.

The approach I’ve taken is to add the gstreamer folder containing all the recipes for 1.16.3 to my layer. When I attempt to build the image, I first get an error:

              Meson encountered an error in file meson_options.txt, line 23, column 0:

              Unknown type feature

After some searching I updated the Meson version using the same approach as above, adding the meson folder containing all the recipes for version 0.53.2 to my layer. When I attempt to build the image, I am now getting an error I haven’t been able to figure out yet:

              ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES ‘python3-pkg-resources-native’ …. meson_0.53.2.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it

I have attempted to update some of the python recipes, but that approach hasn’t worked for me yet. Just curious if anyone has any insight or perhaps a different approach to solving this problem. At this point, getting to 1.16.3 is a requirement.

Thank you and let me know if there are any questions I can answer to make the situation more clear.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Embedded]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux for ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux Media]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]