Re: x11 and gstreamer compete on same display ?

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 8:25 PM, Todd Fischer <todd.fischer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On Dec 14, 2017, at 11:07 AM, Ran Shalit <ranshalit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am using linux distro with x11.
>> We have some issue, that gstreamer is not displayed correctly with rtp.
>> We suspect that x11 and gstreamer compete on the display (becuase on
>> exiting the gstreamer process x11 is immeditely shown again).
>
> What is the pipeline you are using?

Hi,
This is the pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0 -v udpsrc port=5000 caps = "application/x-rtp,
media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000,
encoding-name=(string)RAW,width=(string)1280,height=(string)1024,
payload=(int)96,sampling=YCbCr-4:2:0" ! rtpvrawdepay ! imxg2dvideosink
use-vsync=true

> What system is running the pipeline?

imx6, yocto morti, x11 distro (there is also fb distro, which might be better?)

> It sounds like the hardware that mixes the display and video windows isn’t configured as you would like.  The easiest fix is likely to use a different video sink.

This is my assumption. That x11 and gstreamer are competing. when I
stop the pipeline I immediately see the GUI. even when I disabled
desktop manager with systemctl set-default multi-user.target ,
although I don't see the gnome environment, I keep see the xterm
terminal. So, I suspect that they compete, and that's why gstreamer
has difficulties. Yet, I am not sure,  with simpler pipelines without
rtp, like videotstsrc, then it appears better on the screen.