Re: Building GStreamer-1.0-SDK for MIPS

Hi Sebastian,

Yes, I'm definitely interested in adding official support for MIPS to Cerbero. I'll create a bug report and start looking at the configuration files in more detail.

Do you have any tips or starter documentation for someone new to the build system? I don't want to flood the list with hundreds of emails, so it'd be nice to have something I could read first before asking questions.

Thanks very much,
Kevin

On Aug 2, 2014 3:39 AM, "Sebastian Dröge" <sebastian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fr, 2014-08-01 at 17:03 -0500, Kevin Boos wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> First time here, please let me know if this is the wrong mailing list.
>
> I have successfully built the gstreamer-1.0-sdk package for both Linux on x86_64 and Android on ARMv7 using the Cerbero build system. However, after looking through the config options and build files, it seems that Cerbero doesn’t offer a configuration option for the MIPS architecture (MIPS is not present in the Architecture enums), so I am not sure how to build the SDK for it.
>
> How can I configure GStreamer to be built for MIPS?  If it’s not possible using Cerbero, how else can I built it manually/from scratch? I have a MIPS/uClibc toolchain available but am not 100% sure on how to use it with GStreamer’s build system.

You'll need to add MIPS support to cerbero. That's most likely less
complicated than you think :)

Check the ARM specific code paths in config/android.config and
config/cross-android.cbc. Additional to that the ARM specific parts in
recipes/*

Can you create a bug report for this at http://bugzilla.gnome.org ? If
you want to work on this and need some help, feel free to ask further
questions here too.

Expertise, Straight from the Source