Re: Hardware decoding for gstreamer on Odroid U3

On Di, 2014-04-22 at 10:39 +0200, Jon Helt-Hansen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on a project for Odroid U3 which involves H.264 video
> playback using Qt5, which again uses gstreamer. My problem is that
> currently video is using software decoding, but to have smooth
> playback I need to enable HW decoding. From googling I can understand
> that in order for this to work, gstreamer needs to use the MFC
> (multi-function-codec in Samsung Exynos SOC). Does anyone know if this
> is possible to achieve? And if so, does any references exists of how
> to do this?

There's a v4l2videodec element in gst-plugins-good in git master which
can use the Exynos MFC decoders. For using these efficiently inside Qt5
more changes on the Qt5-GStreamer integration might be necessary though.

Expertise, Straight from the Source