Need help with playback of avi container on ARMv7

On Mo, 2013-09-02 at 07:19 +0000, Richard Leitner - SKIDATA wrote:

> > screen (for less than a second) and the following output is written to the shell.

> > > This alone will probably cause the video sink to fail and could cause
> > > the pipeline to stop. Together with ...
>
> Do you have any idea where this error message comes from?
> I have grepped through all logs, but can't find anything useful.

The videosink seems to use X11 and something goes wrong with the window
and the window manager complains about that... or something like that.

matchbox is the yocto window manager, but this errors should come
somewhere out of libX11.
https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects/matchbox

> > /GstPlayBin2:playbin20/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin2:decodebin20/Gs
> > tOmxMpeg4Dec:omxmpeg4dec0: Could not decode stream.
> > /GstPlayBin2:playbin20/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin2:decodebin20/Gs
> > tOmxMpeg4Dec:omxmpeg4dec0:
> > >
> > > ... this here maybe the problem is that all memory is used after a few
> > > frames. Might be a memory leak, or that the video output plus the
> > > queued frames inside the decoder are too much, or something else.
> > >

> > > You can get more debug information for this issue when enabling
> > > GStreamer debug logs by setting the environment variable
> > > GST_DEBUG=omx*:5,openmax*:5 before running gst-launch. Can you get the
> > > output of that?
>
> So here's the gst-launch output with GST_DEBUG set.
>
> [...]
> ERROR: from element /GstPlayBin2:playbin20/GstPlaySink:playsink0: The autovideosink element is not working.
> 0:00:01.474410000  6590    0x251b0 LOG                      omx gstomx_base_filter.c:873:pad_event:<omxmpeg4dec0> begin
> Additional debug info:
> gst-plugins-base-0.10.36/gst/playback/gstplaysink.c(1396): gen_video_chain (): /GstPlayBin2:playbin20/GstPlaySink:playsin0
> ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
> Setting pipeline to NULL ...
> [...]

This is a different error now, it doesn't even try to create a window
any longer but the videosink just fails immediately. You can get even
more verbose debug logs via GST_DEBUG=5, maybe this helps as I don't
know which category the interesting information could be in... if any at
all. Please attach the output of that in a file and not include it
inline inside the mail :)

> > > Also try if one of these commands works without errors, and if it
> > > doesn't provide debug logs for these too.
> > >
> > > gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=/path/to/file ! avidemux ! queue !
> > > omxmpeg4dec ! fakesink -v
> > >
> > > gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=/path/to/file ! avidemux ! queue !
> > > omxmpeg4dec ! queue ! autovideosink -v
>
> Hmm... both commandlines say:
> WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "omxmpeg4dec"
>
> Same error occurs when I try it with "omxmpeg4dec0" or "omxmp3dec"

Ah sorry, the name is actually nv_omx_mpeg4dec. Can you retry with that?

> > Oh and GStreamer 0.10 is deprecated since some time, as is gst-openmax.
> > Unfortunately gst-omx (the replacement) does not have support for audio decoders
> > and a sink yet but that's something that can be solved without too many problems :)
>
> Like mentioned above already: gst-openmax libraries are provided by l4t in my case, so I have to stick with gstreamer 0.10 :-(

Well, I know people are using gst-omx 1.0 successfully on Tegra boards,
but you probably won't get any support from NVIDIA for that. However
better support from the GStreamer community usually.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Embedded]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux for ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux Media]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]