Evaluating GStreamer

Hi,
How hard it would be to implement bidirectional pads by extending
GstObject class. The proposition is thus--

  GObject  <http://library.gnome.org/devel/gobject/unstable/gobject-The-Base-Object-Type.html#GObject>
    +----GInitiallyUnowned  <http://library.gnome.org/devel/gobject/unstable/gobject-The-Base-Object-Type.html#GInitiallyUnowned>
          +----GstObject  <http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/GstObject.html>
                +----GstPad

                     +----GstBidirectionalPad

This class could be used for raw serial to TCP and vice versa conversion
or modbus-RTU to modbus-TCP and vice versa conversion. We require these
alongwith support for codecs etc in future(which GStreamer already
provides).

Warm Regards,
Sourav