How to build a plugin for an arm board

Hi,

What changes do I need to make to the plugin template kit in order for
my plugin to be loaded properly on the freescale arm board that we're
using? The plugin works fine when built normally on my ubuntu machine
but the arm board (perhaps unsurprisingly) just says this when I run
gst-inspect:

(gst-inspect-0.10:714): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin
'/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libspadecoder.so':
/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libspadecoder.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory

The .so file is definitely at that location so I'm thinking perhaps it's
looking for another .so that it's been given the wrong path to when it's
been built. I've tried a few things such as changing the gcc to
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc and passing --host=arm-unknown-linux-gnu but
both give the same message.

I've also looked at the build process for freescale's gstreamer plugins
as it seems very similar, but my skills with make and configure are
pretty mediocre and I haven't figured out what the significant changes are.

The plugin itself is pretty simple and only include config.h, string.h
and gst/gst.h.

Regards,

  - Tim