How to get started?

I just learned about gstreamer, and have read the material at the gstreamer website. I am not sure how best to get started, and am looking for ideas.

I want to stream live video and audio from a Hauppauge 1150 capture board hooked to an analog video camera. My server is Ubuntu 10.04, it's an embedded server - one server per camera. I want to stream from the server to mobile phone browsers, such as found on iPhone and Android phones.

I've been able to do this using VLC, but am not satisfied with the image quality, so thought I'd look into gstreamer.

I'd prefer not to actually develop a streaming server app myself, but would rather use an existing one that just needs installed and configured - similar to what I was able to do with VLC. Are there any drop in apps for this? I saw Flumotion on the apps page, went to Fluendo but didn't see any actual mention of a streaming server - I'm thinking they have it bundled in one of the commercial packages which is probably overkill for my needs.

Thanks for any help!

--Bob

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Embedded]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux for ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux Media]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]