gstreamer dma buffer & management

Hello there,

I am working on a video dec plugin (based on hardware dec). I plan to use filesrc to read a raw H264 file and feed to my plugin.
The buffers from plugin's sink pad are the source data for decoding so they need to be DMA-able. Is there way to control how the buffers are allocated? Since they are allocated in filesrc so that's not possible? Looks like I will need to allocate my own buffer in my plugin and then copy them over?

Also, a video frame may contain less bytes than what's in the buffer, what do I do with the remaining bytes?
>From the ffmpeg example (they are software based so the first dma question does not exist), they create a sub buffer of the remaining bytes and then does a buffer join. These are time consuming I think. I wonder if there are other faster solution? One thing I think might help is to have another plugin in between, which parse the file and only give one frame size of data to my plugin. But I am not sure if these kind of plugin exists.

Thanks,
Feng

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Embedded]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux for ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux Media]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]