Any distribution issues with mpegaudioparse, asfdemux, aacparse and amrparse?

Hi,

I am looking for additional information on any known
legal/distribution issues regarding use of mp3parse (mpegaudioparse)
and asfdemux ?from the "ugly" plugins collection, and aacparse and
amrparse from the "bad" collection.

We are currently considering using these plugins in a product. We
would respect the terms of LGPL of course, but are concerned about any
additional known encumbrances.

In particular, the documentation for the "ugly" collection specifies
that "ugly" plugins may present distribution problems ("The license?on
either the plug-ins or the supporting libraries might not be how we'd
like. The code might be widely known to present patent problems.") I
am interested in the specific reasons why mp3parse and asfdemux were
placed into the "ugly" category, so we can evaluate and make the
decision whether to use them.

Also, are aacparse and amrparse merely of lesser quaility (and thus in
"bad" collection), or are there additional distribution issues
regarding those two plugins?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
-Dragoslav Mitrinovic

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Embedded]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux for ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux Media]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]