gstreamer tutorial

Hi Stefan.
U might have already got this site but this is the only place where you will
find everything related to gstreamer.
*http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/*<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/>

Browse through the site completely.....Are you a plugin writer or a gstream
application wirter?
both are available on this site in name of Application Development Manual
and Plugin Writer's Guide.

As far as video knowledge is concerned I feel you google about "compression
techniques of video".
You will definitely get very useful links related to video processing and
also find the same in wikipedia.

If you get anything useful or some good ebook, kindly share the link with
this mailing list.

thanks
mayank