Query on implementing Fast Forward using Gstreamer.

Hello,

I am trying to implement Fast Forward technique in my Gstreamer based
Player. I am using IMX27 based system and following versions of
Gstreamer code.

Gstreamer-core: 0.10.22
Base: 0.10.22
Good: 0.10.10

I am streaming the media from a remote server on to my device.

What is the best method to implement Fast Forward in the case of network
streams ? Is there a way, the application tells the remote side to give
only I-frames so that the display on the Player looks as if Fast
forwarding is being implemented. Does this need support from Encoder
too ?

Right now, I am trying to SEEK repeatedly using FLUSH and SKIP flags,
but every seek takes 4 seconds to complete and the inter-frame gap is 4
seconds which is too much for a Player. IS there a way to reduce this ?

regards,
Rajesh Marathe.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Embedded]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux for ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux Media]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]