Playback of raw audio on N900: Internal data flow error

On Fri, 2010-12-17 at 09:32 +0100, Thomas Jarosch wrote:

> > What's the debug message detail on that? (not-negotiated?)
>
> I tried to enable debug output via the environment variable and it didn't
> work. So I suspected it's not enabled during compile time on the N900. I'll
> retry with the "--gst-debug-level" command line switch.

Debug output would be nice indeed, but I didn't expect that to be
enabled by default on the N900. What I meant was the debug message
detail of the error message (an error message contains two things
usually: an error to display to the user, and a second debug string with
more details for debugging purposes).

> Ok. One more silly question about the caps. For audio channels,
> there's a property called "width" and "depth". Here's an example
> gst-inspect output of a alsasink:
>
>       audio/x-raw-int
>              endianness: { 1234, 4321 }
>                  signed: { true, false }
>                   width: 32
>                   depth: 24
>                    rate: [ 1, 2147483647 ]
>                channels: [ 1, 2147483647 ]
>
> Does it mean it supports 24-bit samples
> stored as a 32bit integers?

Yes.

> > > Can I push arbitrary data size into the appsrc or must it be
> > > in sample size chunks?
> >
> > That depends on what you're pushing into appsrc. If it's raw PCM audio,
> > it should be in chunks of bytes_per_sample * channels.
>
> This might be the issue, I just push anything I get from rockbox in there.
> I hoped the gstreamer framework would handle the reassembling for me.

You can insert an audioparse element after appsrc, then it will chunk
things for you (if you set the right format via the properties). It will
also set caps for you then, so you don't have to do that with appsrc.

Cheers
 -Tim

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Embedded]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux for ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux Media]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]