Re: Android Things

On 13/12/16 19:42, Karim Yaghmour wrote:

> JFYI:
> https://developer.android.com/things/index.html
>
> There's no reason those APIs aren't tunneled over Greybus:
> https://developer.android.com/things/sdk/pio/index.html
> Oh wait, I've seen that somewhere before.

Interesting to see Intel Edison is one of the supported initial boards I
must give that a try.

I suppose for a board like that you could make a virtual host-controller
and have it abstract the local-discovery of modules and/or consume DTS
data and feed everything into greybus bundles via manifest files built
in-memory.

OTOH the co-processor on the Edison is more interesting (the Quark) - in
that it can take control of some of the I/O pins - has a shared memory
and could be a place to run Nuttx/Zephyr implementing greybus (something
I've been thinking about).

http://hackerboards.com/edison-iot-module-ships-with-atom-plus-quark-combo-soc/

Beaglebone has a co-processor too I think (though it's not on the list
of supported hardware -
https://developer.android.com/things/hardware/developer-kits.html.

For development boards like Edison and Beagle, I think greybus could be
well suited to communicate with a firmware on the co-processor. All
you'd have to do is make a host-controller across the IPC interface
between host and AMP-co-processor and then write greybus into your
co-processor firmware.

Easy !

---
bod