features request

I run gpm as a supervised service, just like sshd or gettys. I wonder
whether the developer would be willing to add a few features that
would make gpm supervision-friendly:

1) Add a flag to allow logging error messages to file descriptor 2

2) Add a "do not background" flag

Note: 1) and 2) might be the same flag. I know -D does that currently,
but it also sends debugging stuff to fd 2, which makes real errors
impossible to detect.

3) Add a "ignore pid stuff" flag (i.e., don't write a pid file, ignore
it if it exists). The file /var/run/gpm.pid is useless for a
supervised service. It is essentially harmless, but if the gpm process
receives a HUP it will start using an extra file descriptor:
lr-x------ 1 root root 64 Sep 15 19:11 0 -> '/run/gpm.pid (deleted)'

(the value 0 for the fd is just because I had stdin closed)

The essential point of all this is the "no unwanted debug data" issue.

TIA

Jorge Almeida