Re: incompatible pointer-type under X86_64 linux with GCC-4.3.0

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:18:15 +0200
Nico Schottelius <nico-gpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dennis Heuer [Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 09:56:47AM +0200]:
> Strange, do
>
> [10:16] denkbrett:gpm% cat src/headers/drivers.h

Aehm, am not a git-freak and don't understand the meaning of this line.
I think that up to the percent sign this is your prompt? Better use
something neutral in mails. The rest just prints to the screen. What's
the use? Actually, the file wasn't there and I went on with the below
approach.

> cd src
> ../scripts/generate_drivers_header.sh . > headers/drivers.h

Works but spits out the next error. GCC-4.3.0 really seems to be more
sensible than other versions. Possibly you should install an own
testbed!?

gpm/src/drivers/twid/twiddler.c: In function 'twiddler_rest_to_value':
gpm/src/drivers/twid/twiddler.c:486:
error: cast to pointer from integer of different size
make[1]: *** [drivers/twid/twiddler.o] Error 1

> And in general, I prefer replies to the list, so others
> see what's going on.

Better think before you get concrete! You are the one who has written
to me surpassing the mailinglist. I just replied via the Reply-To button
(which is how it should work). If you want me to answer to the
mailinglist, send me your mails via the mailinglist.

However,
Dennis