mev not working over ssh

hi

I am trying to capture mouse events over ssh.  But when i try running
mev I get "mev: Can't open mouse connection".  I tried to find out why
this is happening but without sucess.  Gpm is running and I can run
mev from the system to which I have ssh'ed.  But mev is not working
from the remote machine I have ssh'ed from.  Is this expected
behaviour or is it a bug.  Please help.

Thank you
Justin