Re: Announce: standalone libgpm

* Mike Frysinger <vapier@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> different source trees:
> -> bitrot
> -> wasted development time

I don't think so. Its just like any other application importing
some library. I don't intend to leave any code duplication.

One of my intentions is to get a clear front line between server
and client. If we leave the current sourcetree and just add some
configure options, on building against an external libgpm the
includes get mixed up. This may or may not cause problems, but
for me its an too much uncertainty, I don't like to cope with
(as a package/system maintainer).

Well, I'll supply some patches against the monolithic tree,
ie. for creating an libgpm.pc file, selecting compontents to
build (as you suggested), in a few days.

cu