Re: Announce: standalone libgpm

* Mike Frysinger <vapier@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

ah, the list seems to be up again. great :)

> > I've just released my first version of an standalone libgpm.
>
> i dont get it, you arent the gpm maintainer

No, I'm not. But I'm currently maintaining my libgpm fork.
Of course would be great, if you'd accept it.

> > The library provides an pkgconfig descriptor (libgpm.pc), so
> > its very easy to import it into other packages.
>
> why dont you post a patch against the current git repo ?

Would be quite large, since I removed many files, which aren't
used for libgpm. I'm currently working on gpm without included
libgpm, but built against an external one.

My further plan is:

+ more tests on libgpm and patch some apps (ie. mc) to build
  against it (-> use pkg-config)
+ port the gpm server to it and remove the included libgpm
+ merge in newer patches
+ create an container with both, so people can build/install it
  as they used to.

cu