Supressing GPM copy and paste

I haven't done development work using libgpm before and need an answer, what I think is a basic question. Is there a way to suppress the copy- and-paste functionality of gpm? It appears that midnight commander does somehow. Basically, I am writing a console window manager and drag events are not so pretty with gpm trying to copy in text from the console. I am basically using libgpm only for mouse-event reporting through ncurses getmouse().

Thanks in advance,
Bryan Christ