serial mouse in X won't paste

Hi,

I'm running gpm for my serial mouse. In the console I can copy/paste just
fine, but not in X. I can copy (i.e. highlight sections), but not
paste them by pressing the middle buitton of my mouse. I /can/ paste
after highlighting with the serial mouse, by pressing Shift-Ins.

These are my settings from XF86Config-4:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "AlwaysCore"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/gpmdata"
        Option          "Protocol"              "Microsoft"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "false"
EndSection

My gpm settings are: gpm -m /dev/ttyS0 -t ms -Rms3

Regards,

Arjen