Re: Alps working

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Andrea Dieni wrote:

> I've found that if I move a little my finger when it reach the edge the edge
> motion works. Ex: when I reach the right edge i move the finger up and down
> with very little movements the cursor keep on moving.

Probably related to the reversed y coordinate. I have attached a new
version that should work with a reversed y coordiante.

> when working in console the right button doesn't work, but sometimes tapping
> on the bottom right corner acts like right button. Fixed assigning No_Action
> in alps.c to all the corners. Now the buttons seems to work perfectly in
> console and X.

Hmm. In the last mail you said that tapping didnt work? but you can use
cornertapping? Tapping and buttons should not be related, so it seems odd
that changing the corneractions makes the buttons work.

> Maybe I didn't configure X properly to manage the horizontal scrolling.
> I hope so......Now that the vert scrolling works I'd like to have the
> horizontal scrolling too!

You can tell whether the horizontal scrolling is working on the debug
output. Under X you need an old patch (send to gpm mailinglist) that
updates the imps2 repeater protocol to know about horizontal scrolling. X
must further be told that the mouse has two more buttons.

Peter
--
E-Mail:       pebl@xxxxxxxxxx
Real name:    Peter Berg Larsen