Re: Update to keyboard hanging

 --- Alessandro Rubini <rubini@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Both.  You know, the PC is a piece of crap, full of backward
> compatibility hacks since people can't recompile their software.  So
> sometimes you see hardware emulation of a ps2 behaviour for non-ps2
> stuff. I have a box where the usb keyboard looks like a standard
> (ps2) keyboard.

Thanks, Alessandro. In fact, that is exactly what was happening.
Someone mentioned that USB Legacy Support was the reason the kernel saw
the USB mouse as PS/2, so I wondered if that might be screwing up the
regular PS/2 operation. I turned it off, switched back to the PS/2
mouse and everything is grand using exps2 as the protocol. Now I hope I
can get my money back on the USB mouse. :)

=====
--
John Galbrit