Update to keyboard hanging

Things have taken a turn for the weird... First off, since I'm not in
the original thread, I'll reference it with:
http://lists.linux.it/pipermail/gpm/2003-January/000589.html

After asking on a couple different lists and getting no useful reply, I
decided go out and buy a USB mouse and give that a try. When I booted
up, my mouse worked fine in console. I haven't tried X yet, as it
currently isn't installed. The mouse seems to be working fine. I
restarted gpm a number of times and it never made the keyboard hang. I
tried CAPS lock (which would cause the daemon to stop responding) and
it continued working. Here's the weird thing:

There is NO usb support built into my kernel. I even double checked,
but nothing. As this is the first time I tried to use anything USB on
my computer I never felt like setting it up previously. GPM is still
reading /dev/psaux and it's working. Can someone make heads or tails of
this? Is it normal or is my motherboard funky?

=====
--
John Galbrit