Re: gpm

Cserveny Tamas <smil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >is this a known problem? and do you have any temporary fixes for it?
> You can try
> restart gpm.
> gpm -k
> (don't move the mouse)
> and then gpm start again.
this is what i do usually, but sometimes randomly fails.

> Another way to workaround is maybe use netmouse "driver".
> gpm -t imps2
> gpm -k
> gpm -t netmouse
netmouse does not work with my mouse.

> I had the same problem also. I've made a patch also, but not yet
> accepted. You can find it in the archive. Should help.
i will look for it!

> Btw, please next specify the mouse type also. I think it is more
> relevant as the X version. (There are many mouse that comp. with
> imps2)
err, what do you mean? it is an IMPS/2 protocol mouse with 3 buttons and
a wheel, made by Dexin... i dont think i can tell you any more than
that, its connected to the PS/2 port, but you knew that already ;)

thanks for the help, i will try this patch and report back after a few
days of use...
chers!
Sam
--
Marge:	You don't have to join a freak show just because the opportunity
came along.