Re: Problems using synps2 ... Patch

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Peter Berg Larsen wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Rich Griswold wrote:
>
> > When I move the cursor on the console, occassionally, I'll get
> > "Unrecognized Synaptic PS/2 Touchpad packet" messages.
>
> Ok, try the attached patch. A lot of those should go away now. The
> packets are getting out of sync by three bytes.
>
> Secondly, I need some info that is not listed. Edit synaptics.c and
> define some debug options in this file. The important one is
> define_reports, but all of them are prefered. (and do the lists
> again). (while there:  Someone is not capable of converting
> miliseconds to microseconds, so try adding two 0 to the usleep in
> tp_ps2_send_reset in synaptics.c. This should not make a difference
> according to the documentation but try anyway.)
>
> Peter

I applied the patch and added two zeros to usleep() in
tp_ps2_send_reset(), but I still see the same problems:

  o "Unrecognized Synaptic PS/2 Touchpad packet" messages.  I have another
    log with these error messages.  All debug options are defined in
    synaptics.c.  Log is at

    http://www.k-lug.org/~griswold/gpm/gpm-debug.error

    Note that in this log gpm prints an error that it doesn't think the
    touchpad is a synaptics touchpad.  However, it still works.

  o Inability to use the middle mouse button without using another button
    first.  There is no additional debug output when the debug options are
    defined.

  o Intermittent pointer movement under X when using gpm in repeater mode.
    I think this is related to the first problem, since the debug output
    when this happens has a lot of the messages.  Log is at

    http://www.k-lug.org/~griswold/gpm/gpm-debug.repeater

--
Richard Griswold - griswold@xxxxxxx

There are only 10 types of people who understand binary -
  those who do and those who don't