Re: alternate wmode for GPM synaptics

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Charl P. Botha wrote:

> I have just completed a port of the XFree86 synaptics driver to GPM.  Some
> users might prefer the behaviour of his mode over the "normal" wmode.
> Please see: http://cpbotha.net/gpm_wmode_alt.html

Have you looked at the current synaptics.c? It is a _lot_ more general
than the xfree drivers, except for 4 points:

1) it has a timer interupt that allows it to keep reporting packets even
when the touchpad stops sending data after a second.

2) It can change the configuration on the fly.

3) It supports vertical scrolling.

4) It has a distance move speed factor.

1) is not something I want to implement in synaptics driver. It must be
something gpm supports before I dont consider it to be a hack.

2) This is (at least in theory) something that is worked on.

3) gpm event struct does not support two types scrolling (but seems to do
in cvs)

4) This could be implemented (with few lines).

Peter
--
E-Mail:       pebl@xxxxxxxxxx
Real name:    Peter Berg Larsen