ALPS driver?

Hi,
looked at the list archives and only saw a single patch for ALPS
driver support, and I found it in the patches/todo/read section
of the latest release.  Is there any more recent patch?  Has
anyone tried this patch?  My laptop has an ALPS touchpad, I
gather, and am willing to try this out, but it will take a
long time for me to figure out the code.

james