Synaptic 4 way button patch + more

On 11 Apr 2002, Troy Schultz wrote:

> I would sugggest that it may be nice to be able to configure the actions
> of this 4-way button in much the same manner as is now done for the
> corner taps, defined in gpm-syn.conf.
>
> I also do quite a bit of CAD work, usually PCB layout and if it is not
> too hard, it may be nice to be able to use the 4 way key to actually
> move the mouse pointer, in a similiar manner to a touch stick, as a user
> configurable item.

Attached is a patch that:

Adds option four_way_button_is_mouse between using the 4d button as mouse
movement or buttons.

Adds corner action Toggle_Four_Way_Button_Action that toggles the above
option.

Adds detection of other buttons pressed when using the 4d button.

It now acknowledge resend commands in ps2 mode.

Sends disable/enable stream command before sending commands/request to the
touchpad. This should elliminate almost all startup/init problems.
Previously we (might) read some old motion data and took it as
responces. (ps2)

Rearranged the reset code (ps2).

Rearranged some debug information level.

Peter
--
E-Mail:       pebl@xxxxxxxxxx
Real name:    Peter Berg Larsen