Celebrating 20 Years of GnuGk

20 years ago, in June 1999, I released the first version of the GNU
Gatekeeper. Back then we still called it "OpenH323 Gatekeeper".

The first version was very simple and only supported RAS and what we
call 'direct mode' today, but it still seems useful to people and
within a year grew into a tool that people used in production.

I quit my day job in 2003 to work full time on GnuGk and it has feed
the family ever since. I am still amazed how well it works to give
software away for free. How many people and companies contribute and
give feedback and how many are willing to pay for support or new
features.

I want to thank everybody who used it, provided feedback, bug fixes and
ideas to make it into the great software that it is today!

We are not stopping here, the next release is already underway with
many improvements and new features. Watch for it!

Happy Birthday GnuGk!

Jan

--
Jan Willamowius, Founder of the GNU Gatekeeper Project
EMail  : jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Relaxed Communications GmbH
Frahmredder 91, 22393 Hamburg, Germany
Geschäftsführer: Jan Willamowius