Re: Can not connect over 123 call in proxy mode

Hi,

to keep the list updated on this: It turns out that GnuGk's LARGE_FDSET
hack broke with changes in GNU Libc a while ago.

I have re-written the implementation to use the poll() system call
instead of select() so we don't need any hack to get around the 1024
socket limit of select() and don't have to patch libc system headers.

The new implementation is on Github now for testing. Please note that
the compile switch changed slightly. Use
./configure --enable-large-fdset

No need to specify a maximum number of sockets any more. Just make sure
the OS gives the process enough sockets and stack space (eg. "ulimit -n
10240 -s unlimited" on Linux).

The new implementation should work on all OS that GnuGk supports,
Linux, *BSD, MacOS X, Solaris, even on Windows.

Please give it a test and report back how many concurrent calls you
were able to have on a single server.

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Willamowius, Founder of the GNU Gatekeeper Project
EMail  : jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Relaxed Communications GmbH
Frahmredder 91, 22393 Hamburg, Germany
Geschäftsführer: Jan Willamowius