Re: Autostart script for Ubuntu / GnuGK not working

For good measure can you start it manually?  ie: run the gnugk binary directly?

gnugk -tttt -v

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 6:28 PM Robert Kulagowski <rkulagow@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I can't seem to get the script to work.

Ubuntu 14.04

First, I created a gnugk user using adduser.
I moved my gnugk binary into /usr/local
I moved the config file to /etc/gnugk.ini
I created /etc/default/gnugk and put START_ON_BOOT=yes
I ran update-rc.d gnugk defaults

A /run/gnugk directory was created by the script, but there's no pidfile in it.

When I reboot, gnugk isn't running.

If I run service gnugk start, it says starting, but nothing seems to happen.

Advice?