Re: GnuGk 4.0 Beta 2 available

Hi,

a number of bugs have been fixed in the 4.0 beta and a few more
features were added. We are nearing the release, but I would like to
get a little more feedback from the community.

I have updated the 4.0 beta downloads, so please give them a try.
I would especially like more feedback how the new H.235 password
authentication works with endpoints from various vendors.

http://www.gnugk.org/gnugk-4.0-beta.html

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Willamowius, Founder of the GNU Gatekeeper Project
EMail  : jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Relaxed Communications GmbH
Frahmredder 91
22393 Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Jan Willamowius
HRB 125261 (Amtsgericht Hamburg)
USt-IdNr: DE286003584

Jan Willamowius wrote:
> Dear community,
>
> I have uploaded a beta version of the upcoming 4.0 version to
>
> http://www.gnugk.org/gnugk-4.0-beta.html
>
> Most important new features:
> - much improved H.235 password authentication
> - IPv6 updates and fixes
> - support for TCS0 call reroute for applications
> - disable codecs per endpoint
> - bug fixes
>
> Especially if you use password authentication, it is important that you
> try the new version, so we can fix any issues before the release!
>
> The purpose of this beta release is to get feedback. If you find
> anything that needs fixing, from typo or errors in the manual to
> interoperability bugs, please let me know!
>
> Regards,
> Jan
>

> Full change log:
>
> - BUGFIX(RasSrv.cxx) fix additive registration with parent gatekeeper
> - BUGFIX(ProxyChannel.cxx) fix IPv6 dual-stack proxy on Linux and
>   Windows
> - dump file descriptor usage on USR2 signal (Linux only)
> - new switch [RoutedMode] DisableFastStart=1
> - support for H.235.1, incl. setting and checking tokens in all RAS and
>   Q.931 messages
> - extend SimplePasswordAuth and FileIPAuth to all RAS and all Q.931
>   messages
> - store only PBKDF2 hash for [GkStatus::Auth] password in config, not a
>   recoverable password
> - BUGFIX(ProxyChannel.cxx) fix crash when receiving message without UUIE
> - new switch [EP::] DisabledCodecs=
> - much improved TCS0 call transfer using 'Reroute' command on status
>   port
> - BUGFIX(Routing.cxx) add field for destination alias in ARQ if missing
>   and a dynamic routing policy sets it
> - BUGFIX(ProxyChannel.cxx) fix crash in H.235 Media for endpoints with
>   more than 64 capability entries in TCS
> - new switch [Proxy] AllowSignaledIPs= to skip to skip auto-detect for
>   network when IgnoreSignaledIPs=1 (experimental)

Presto, an open source distributed SQL query engine for big data, initially
developed by Facebook, enables you to easily query your data on Hadoop in a
more interactive manner. Teradata is also now providing full enterprise
support for Presto. Download a free open source copy now.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=250295911&iu=/4140