Running custom scripts inside GnuGk

Hi,

for a while now we had a routing policy where you could write your own
LUA script to make the routing decision. See [Routing::Lua].
http://www.gnugk.org/gnugk-manual-6.html#ss6.16

Now I just added a authentication policy called LuaAuth in the CVS where
you can run your own script for registration (on RRQ) and call
authentication (on ARQ and Setup).
http://www.gnugk.org/gnugk-manual-8.html#ss8.16

I find this scripting ability very helpful in cases where the
predefined polices don't quite fit. Procedural programming also fits
well into the mental model many users have how their calls should be
routed.

If you haven't used LUA before, don't be scared. Its a simple little
language and if you have used any programming language before, it
should be easy enough. Just give it a try.

For a LUA tutorial and language reference see
http://www.lua.org/docs.html

Up next, scripting for CLI rewriting. ;-)

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Willamowius, Founder of the GNU Gatekeeper Project
EMail  : jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Relaxed Communications GmbH
Frahmredder 91
22393 Hamburg