Re: telnet test fails

That helped me to see that it was working, thank you.
Though even after I kill'ed the PID and port 7000 went away, it wasn't until a reboot was I able to get a telnet interface commandline.
Thank you!

From: Jan Willamowius <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: openh323gk-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Brad <bcddd214@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2012 10:31 AM
Subject: Re: telnet test fails

Hi Brad,

I would switch to a higher trace level to see if GnuGk has trouble
listening to port 7000. Just add -ttttt to the command line and look
for all messages related to port 7000.

Your version is very old, but telnet should definitely work.

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Willamowius, Founder of the GNU Gatekeeper Project
EMail  : jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Brad wrote:
> [Gatekeeper::Main]
> Fortytwo=42
>
> [GkStatus::Auth]
> rule=allow
> gkadmin=+ApBjnIA+vzqRSf7L2dcXQ==
>

> I installed via gentoo portage and installation runs clean. I see port 7000 up but with out without the -o the command #gnugk -c gatekeeper.ini -o output.txt
> OpenH323 Gatekeeper - The GNU Gatekeeper with ID 'OpenH323GK' started
> Gatekeeper(GNU) Version(2.2.8) Ext(pthreads=1,radius=0,mysql=1,pgsql=0,firebird=0,odbc=0,sqlite=0,large_fdset=4096,crypto/ssl=1) Build(Jul 31 2012, 23:57:14) Sys(Linux i686 3.4.2-linode44)
>
> Listen on 127.0.0.1,1.58.116.84
>
> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
> modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
> as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
> of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
>
> BUT -> no telnet available?
>
> telnet localhost 7000
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> help
> quit
> ^]
> telnet> quit
> Connection closed.
>

> You have to escape out because your stuck.

Live Security Virtual Conference