Re: Inbound calls and secondary content

Hi William,

even so you have a public IP for your GnuGk, you can't block it off by
a firewall completely.

There are basically 2 common ways to deal with this:

a.) one gatekeeper outside the firewall and one gatekeeper inside,
using a traversal protocol like H.460.18/.19 to tunnel calls between
the two to get past the firewall

b.) unblock your gatekeeper IP in the firewall (or just a Q931, H245
and RTP port range on it) and GnuGk will proxy all external calls over
this one IP

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Willamowius, Founder of the GNU Gatekeeper Project
EMail  : jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-dev2