Re: Sending "##" when GnuGK is used as proxy

Hi Robert,

every H.323 calls has 2 fields to specify the destination and they can
be used alone or together: The destination IP and the destination alias
list.

The user interfaces of different endpoints used different ways to allow
the user to fill the fields. The standard (Annex O) way, that is for
example used by Tandberg is <alias>@<ip>. Polycom and LifeSize use
<ip>##<alias>.

The ## is nothing a gatekeeper has to deal with. It sees the raw
protocol messages and looks at destination IP and alias list if they
are provided.

In addition to that some Polycoms have a bug that they disregard the IP
when they are registered to a gatekeeper, but thats a different story.

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Willamowius, Founder of the GNU Gatekeeper Project
EMail  : jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-d2d