Re: Firewall traversal with explicit IP address calls

Jan, thank you very much for answering so soon, and for maintaining this really useful piece software

We aren't setting ForwardDestIP, but parent routing is working OK, and we are able to place calls from our VC system dialing a public IP address.

Our concern is that, in order to place calls from the inside using the parent routing, we have to configure the firewall to allow a lot of ports, because it uses ports from the H.245 range and from the RTP range.

Would it be possible to use (at least) RTPMultiplexing for parent routed calls?

Regards,

C.B.

Hi Carlos,

when you configure GnuGk as [Endpoint] to another gatekeeper, it will
use its own NAT traversal method if the parent is a GnuGk also. But as
you noted it can't use H.460.18 in that case.

Are you using the ForwardDestIP switch to forward the dialed IP ?
Right now we are doing the neighbor selection by the dialed prefix.
Maybe we need something to select neighbors by dialed IP, too ?

Regards,
Jan

http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-d2d